GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The current and following paragraphs constitute the general terms and conditions of sale of Serondella 2019 (Pty) Ltd, trading as Serondella Game Lodge.
- Serondella 2019 (Pty) Ltd trades under the name “Serondella Game Lodge”. When reference is made to “Serondella Game Lodge” or “Lodge”, this includes Serondella 2019 (Pty) Ltd, its directors, employees, and representatives. These General Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors to Serondella Game Lodge and to all entities making or confirming visitor bookings at Serondella Game Lodge. It is the responsibility of the entity that makes or confirms the booking with Serondella Game Lodge to ensure that all visitors are aware of these General Terms and Conditions.
- All reservation requests must be sent to Serondella Game Lodge’s reservations department by email.
- No Reservation will be held or confirmed, without a written email request.
- All confirmed or provisional reservations will only be valid if received in writing from our reservations department.
- Contact details for reservations:
- The reservations department operates Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm CAT.
CONFIRMATION OF RESERVATION
- On receipt of a reservation request, a quote will be issued to the client for acceptance. Once accepted in writing by the client, the booking will be held for a further period of 14 (fourteen) days and an invoice will be issued.
- The client has 14 (fourteen) days from receipt of the invoice to settle the 20% (twenty percent) deposit.
- The remaining 80% (eighty percent) must be settled in full 30 days prior to arrival.
- Arrivals less than 30 days in advance would require full payment on confirmation.
- Early arrivals and/or late check-outs are subject to availability on the day of check-in/out, and are not guaranteed. In order to have a guaranteed early arrival/late departure, the suite/s can be booked at a single occupancy rate for the night prior to arrival or post departure.
- Payment of the deposit as referred above and/or credit application shall constitute acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
- Reservations will send a guest information form to be completed for the client.
- Serondella Game Lodge provides a service in booking internal flights for our Guests but acts as an intermediary in this regard. Serondella Game Lodge will not be held responsible should any airline discontinue flights or change a scheduled timetable which may result in a missed connection.
- In order to comply with international insurance requirements, all airline tickets must clearly show the passenger’s title, name, and surname (as indicated in their passport). It applies to schedule and charter flights. We would be grateful if you could provide us with the correct information at time of making your reservation.
- Any airfare and airport tax quoted is subject to change without prior notice should the airline impose an increase for any reason. Fares and taxes may increase between time of making a reservation, time of payment and time of the ticket being issued.
PAYMENT TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Account number: 936 517 6602
SWIFT CODE: ABSAZAJJ
- Rates are quoted in South African Rands (ZAR) and include 15% VAT.
- Any foreign payments must be done in South African Rand (ZAR) and all bank charges are for the account of the client. In the event that Serondella Game Lodge is charged for any foreign exchange commissions, Serondella Game Lodge will invoice the client for such amounts.
- Serondella Game Lodge reserves the right to cancel any confirmed booking or provisional booking if the company’s payment terms and conditions are not complied with.
All extras for any clients and guests must be settled in full before departure.
Serondella Game Lodge accepts credit cards except for American Express and Diners Cards
- The following cancellation fees will apply regardless of whether payments to that value have been received:
- for cancellations made 59 days to 30 days prior to travel date; 20% cancellation fee will be applied.
- for cancellations made 29 days to 0 days prior to travel date; 100% cancellation fee will be applied.
- Children of all ages are welcome at Serondella Game Lodge and best accommodated in our family suites.
- Children are charged as follows:
- 0 – 5 years are accommodated free of charge;
- Children aged between 6 – 11 years are accommodated at 50% of the adult sharing rate in the family suites; provided that there’s at least 2 children.
- In the event that only 1 child aged between 6-11 years share with two adults in a family suite, the adult sharing rate will apply.
- Children under 12 must share with adults in the family suites.
- From the age of 6, children are allowed on the daily game drives during standard game drive times, at Management’s discretion.
- From the age of 16, children are allowed on bushveld walks, at management’s discretion.
- For families with children under the age of 6, a private vehicle can be arranged. The cost for 2021/2 is R5 500 per day for the vehicle, including a FGASA accredited guide and tracker.
- A special children’s program is available for younger guests at certain times of the day. This is not a full day activity.
- Babysitting services are available in the evenings from 19:00 -22:00 at a cost of R200 per hour per room. Maximum 2 children per babysitter.
- All game drives will be in accordance with the Lodge’ safety policies and procedures. The assigned guide shall use his exclusive discretion when deciding which sightings are appropriate for viewing.
- Serondella Game Lodge is located within the Thornybush game reserve, which is part of the Greater Kruger National Park. All wildlife constitutes a potential danger to visitors who enter the reserve whether walking, travelling in a vehicle or being accompanied by a guide. The guest must remain vigilant and strictly adhere to the rules as set out by any Guide and Lodge Management at all times.
- For safety, guests will be accompanied to their rooms from dusk to dawn.
- Guests shall ensure that all doors and windows are securely closed when not in their rooms and shall be vigilant when in their rooms.
- The animals at the reserve are wild, dangerous, and unpredictable and under no circumstances should ANY animal be approached, fed, frightened, teased, or disturbed.
Travel Insurance is compulsory, covering for personal effects, personal accident, medical and emergency travel expenses, as well as cancellation and curtailment from day of confirming the reservation – as the reservation will be subject to cancellation penalties as detailed above.
- We recommend that travellers to Africa keep all inoculations for tropical diseases up to date.
- Serondella Game Lodge is situated in a malaria area; therefore, all guests must consult their medical practitioner regarding anti-malaria prophylactics prior to travel.
- Serondella Game Lodge is contracted with medical response unit Africa Safe-T and has 24-hour access to a paramedic within the Thornybush Reserve.
We have a limited number of private safari vehicles that can be booked by guests in advance at an additional cost (subject to availability). Private vehicles must be booked for a guest’s entire stay. For all private guides (regardless of accommodation type booked) wishing to accompany their guests on safari activities a private safari vehicle must be pre-booked (subject to availability) and will be charged for at the applicable daily rate.
MISCELLANEOUS CONDITIONS AND POLICIES
- All guests are required to complete and sign the Guest Detail and Indemnity Form on arrival.
- Whilst every care is taken by Serondella Game Lodge to avoid any incident, Serondella Game Lodge bears no responsibility whatsoever for any damages, loss, injury, illness, death, delays, cancellations, or changes to an itinerary, and retains the right to alter, amend or cancel any part of a safari at Serondella Game Lodge with just reason.
- Serondella Game Lodge shall not be held responsible for any force majeure events beyond the reasonable control of Serondella Game Lodge, including but without limitations, acts of God, exclusions, flood, fire or accident, war or threat of war, sabotage or civil disturbance, travel restrictions imposed by the government of South Africa or of that of the country of resident of the traveller, the occurrence of which may result in the cancellation of travel. Serondella Game Lodge shall not be deemed to be in breach or be otherwise liable for its non-performance to the extent that any such delay or non-performance is due to any force majeure. Serondella Game Lodge shall be entitled, at its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel or amend any reservation if it is so affected by a force majeure, and shall use reasonable endeavours to refund the travellers, subject to deducting the actual and potential costs incurred by Serondella Game Lodge.
- The laws of South Africa apply to all bookings at Serondella Game Lodge and any court proceedings will take place in South Africa.
- Visitors are recommended to check with their Foreign Offices, Consular section and travel agent for current visa requirements, travel, health, and safety advisories.
SALES AND RESERVATIONS CONTACTS
Sales: Kim Beyers
+27 082 883 3774 | firstname.lastname@example.org | www.serondella.co.za
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and POPIA).
We may collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly, to process your order and second, to respond to any queries which you may have.
We will not e-mail you in the future unless you have given us your consent.
We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us in the future.
The type of information we may collect about you includes:
- Your name
- Contact details including cellular phone numbers and or landline numbers
- Email address
We will never collect information about you without your explicit consent.
The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should contact us.