Each suite is privately situated and makes generous use of space so that guests can find quiet and tranquil spaces within their own rooms. Both indoor and outdoor areas are designed for comfort and to feel like little pieces of home.
Using superior quality materials and luxurious products in the appointment of each suite, the rooms embody a sense of elevated home living. In-room items and finishes were selected for both supreme comfort and practicality, while embodying a premier standard of quality.
Both private suites and family suites are designed with beautiful outdoor spaces in mind. Each has a private deck overlooking the waterhole or the fever-tree garden, inviting guests to sit comfortably and feel close to nature. Individual plunge pools bring added privacy and outdoor enjoyment to each room.
Taking your wellbeing and experience in nature to a deeper level, each suite has a private outdoor shower, open to the trees and sky overhead. Private suites also have an open-air bathtub, tucked away and offering the opportunity for a special soak under the sun or stars.
Serondella is about family, and our two suites were designed for parents and children to feel welcomed by a sense of shared space while also finding a place for personal relaxation and privacy. Indoor and outdoor areas are generously spacious and functional for families.
Two private suites are positioned under the trees along the edge of our waterhole. They are designed to sleep two people and offer ample space to relax and unwind in the privacy of the suite. Each room has a comfortable lounge, outside deck, plunge pool, and a privately-positioned bathtub.
Serondella is all about families, and the family suites emphasise comfort and convenience for both parents and children. Two bedrooms, a shared living area, a private kitchen, an outside deck, and a plunge pool offer a place for loved ones to feel at home together.
A self-contained suite for larger families offering space, privacy, and comfort with three bedrooms and bathrooms, a kitchen, lounge, private garden, verandah, boma and plunge pool. This is the perfect place to accommodate different generations in a home-like environment.
- King-size beds with twin bed conversions
- Mosquito net frames around each bed
- Closet and luggage storage area
- In-room safes
- En-suite bathrooms with bath and shower
- Outdoor shower
- Private deck and plunge pool with outdoor seating
- Outdoor bathtub in private suites
- Wifi and air-conditioning
- Various plug points and outlets
- Nespresso machines, stocked bar-fridges, and in-room snacks
- Comfortable indoor lounge
What to Pack for Your Serondella Safari
Whatever time of year you’re travelling to Serondella, your safari wardrobe check-list should include a few key staples, with space for some extra things to suit your personal interests, your safari activities, and the season you’re travelling in. To help you prepare for your trip, we’ve put together this helpful guideline to plan your safari wardrobe and to make sure you have everything you need when you arrive!
Stick to these guidelines, no matter the time of year! You’ll always be comfortable and prepared if you have these staple items to put on.
- Lightweight trousers/khakis
- Lightweight, long-sleeve shirts
- Closed shoes/sneakers/boots
The most popular safari season in South Africa is during the cooler months of winter, from May to September, when the bush is dry, water is scarce, and temperatures are low. Morning game drives depart just after sunrise and the temperatures drop to under 10 degrees Celsius in the dead of winter. In the evenings, you’ll return after dark when there is a nip in the air. So, make sure you’re warm enough!
- Woollen beanie
- Warm jersey or fleece
- Wind-proof jacket
The quieter shoulder seasons of autumn and spring, and the “green season” of summer all offer special safari secrets that you miss in winter. The presence of birds rises exponentially, baby animals are born, and vibrant colour takes over the landscape. If you can handle the heat, you’re in for a treat! It is key to protect yourself from the sun, so stick to your lightweight long-sleeves when you’re out and about, but for all the time spent relaxing in your room, at the pool, or wandering the lodge grounds, pack a few comfy items to keep cool:
- Flip flops/sandals
- Light dress/shorts
The magic of a safari is that we get to feel at one with nature, blending in, listening, quieting our human selves to let the bush speak louder. So when you’re choosing what to wear, it’s best to stick to natural earth tones and neutral shades.
- Unnatural colours in the bush include bright red, blue, pink, and purple.
- Black and white are great when paired with something softer like green, beige, brown, or khaki.
- Overall, stick to an earthy colour palette and you’ll not only look the part, but you’ll be cool and comfortable.
Your particular passions and personal interests for your safari will dictate how you pack your accessories, gadgets, and can’t-live-withouts, so remember to think about items you like to have in everyday life when you’re packing your bag. To help you think, we’ve created a list of comfort items and useful accessories to add to your safari suitcase:
- Refillable water bottle
- Bug spray
- Camera/mobile phone (and necessary chargers)
- Wildlife/bird app
- Anti-allergy remedies
Finally, different activities call for different gear. At Serondella, you’ll be whisked off on game drive each morning and evening, and your guide will be there to create the experience you want.
- If you’re particularly interested in birds, remember to pack your binoculars (or borrow a pair of ours!)
- If you’re on safari for the photography, pack your camera kit and chargers (we’ve got a dedicated space for you to set up your laptop and plug in your gear in between game drives too.)
- You’ll have the opportunity to walk and track with the experts in the bush, so pack your walking shoes.
- If you’re dedicated to your physical and mental wellbeing, pack your activewear and make the most of our yoga deck and gym between drives.